So, I was nominated a second time for this award by Lindsey J. Parsons a few weeks ago, got too lazy to post about it, then got nominated by Maedez and decided I had no excuse for not posting this time. I’m quite honored to have a double-nomination from two bloggers I admire.
Lindsey recently published a fantasy novel, Vortex, Return of the Effra 1 (with DRAGONS!!), lives in England and rides horses. Maedez’ blog, A Small Press Life, always has interesting posts about authors and books you’d probably never hear about elsewhere. I really respect these women. Feeling like part of a community with bloggers like Lindsey and Maedez is one of the reasons I haven’t given up on blogging.
Alright, enough gushing. Following are the rules for this award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
Alright, seven things about myself…
1) This week, I begin the process of submitting the creator-owned graphic novel I collaborated on with artist Robert Burrows to comic publishers (Like my FB page, Beatrice is Dead :D). I’m not mentioning this anywhere else because I feel like making a to-do about it will shatter my nerves.
2) I’ve decided to revisit some fantasy books I recall enjoying in high school. My retention was terrible back then so I literally remember nothing about these books except that I liked them. The first one (one of few I didn’t donate) will be Sorcery Rising by Jude Fisher. I’m really curious to see how books I enjoyed as a teen will read now.
3) My second passion in life (writing being my first, of course) is food. I have a brand-spanking new food blog, Little PorkPie. Chicken and leek pot pie is the first recipe I posted.
4) I’ve been taken classes at Cirque School, learning trapeze, silks and hammock. I took my fourth class yesterday; today, I could use about five maximum-strength pain killers, an ounce of flexibility, and two ounces of gracefulness.
5) I’m the proud, if high-strung, mother to a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, three cats (tabby, tuxedo, tortie), and a ball python.
6) I’m about to lose my mind because of the last episode of The Walking Dead. Snap out of it, Rick!
7) I want to eat my way through Italy so badly!! Next year!
Now to nominate some quality bloggers:
Word Flows by J. Elizabeth Hill
The Writers Republic by Adrianne Russell