I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the lovely and talented Jacqui Talbot nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award yesterday. I admire Jacqui for her seemingly effortless writing skills (her Choctaw Tales, entitled Stories from my Grandfather, are captivating and beautifully written) and for her wonderful sense of humor, so I’m honored not only to be nominated, but to be nominated by a great blogger and writer.
The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate other bloggers you think deserve the award, and post on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated.
1. I’m a hobby junkie. In my life, I’ve taken up piano, flute, guitar, theater, horse riding, swimming, tennis, hoop dancing, jewelry making, belly dancing…and quit them all. Writing is the only activity I’ve stuck with.
This is the demo vid filmed by my best friend’s boyfriend for the hoop dance duo Alyssa (my BFF) and I toyed around with for a while.
2. In high school, my friends and I created a zine called S.O.S. It was a smutty zine illustrated and co-authored by me (and you’ve seen my artistic talents). I wanted to keep it mum, but found out my friend made copies and distributed them to a ton of people in our grade. I never heard the end of it from our peers. Awkward.
3. My favorite alcoholic beverage is a vodka gimlet. When I couldn’t finish my drink one night at a club, my boyfriend handed it off to our friend without telling him what it was. He took a sip and spit it right back into the cup. I generally enjoy things others consider vile.
4. I think I really got into the goth/industrial community for the platform boots. I’m 5’1 with a serious Napoleon complex.
5. I’m going to dress up as Aunty Entity for Wasteland Weekend in September. At least if I fry in the California desert or get attacked by a mutant scorpion I’ll go out looking cool.
6. I sound like a chipmunk with a cold at all times. I look like a chipmunk too.
7. I’m turning 30 in four days. This terrifies me.
Welllllll, I don’t want to regurgitate my Versatile Blogger Award nominations. Also, I’m a bit of a lurker on many of the blogs I follow, so I’m not about to blow my cover by saying, “Hello, I’ve just nominated you for something. You don’t know it, but I stalk your page.” I know, I’m neurotic.
But here’s someone who isn’t such a stranger and who deserves a nomination!
Lindsey J. Parsons–She just published a novel. If that’s not inspiring, I don’t know what is.